What Are The Physical Benefits of Meditation?
Life is certainly no morning or evening walk in the park but who says it has to be a run through a loud, congested road? Are you finding it difficult to wake up in the morning? Are you starting to dread the events of the day? Well, maybe it is time to do something very important for yourself. First you need to stop. Then, breathe slowly and then you are ready for your Meditation. Below you will find some benefits of meditation.
Physical Benefits of Meditation:
- Mediation helps to improve your immune system, reduce stress level and reduced work load of the heart.
- It also helps to reduce free radicals- unstable oxygen molecules which damages skin tissues.
- Meditation helps to control your blood pressure.
- Low skin resistance is associated with higher pressure and anxiety levels.
- Meditation helps to drop in cholesterol levels. High cholesterol can cause cardiovascular disease.
- It helps to improve flow of air to the lungs which leads to correct breathing. This has been very useful for asthma patients.
- It helps to reduce pigmentation and wrinkles.
Psychological Benefits of Meditation
- It helps to improve brain wave coherence.
- It’s weird but it helps to improve your creativity if you are a creative person.
- Decreased nervousness.
- Decreases gloominess.
- Decreases irritability and sulkiness
- Improved learning ability and concentration.
- Improves self-actualization.
- Increases the feelings of liveliness and rejuvenation.
- Gives you positive energy.
- Increases emotional stability.
Useful tips to remember while beginning with meditation
Look for a comfortable space in your home for doing meditation. It can be a separate room used only for yoga and meditation or a peaceful space in a less noisy room of the house. Try to create a simple place or seat, but allow yourself to modify it, to make it your own personal sanctuary.
Two minutes will help:
Try to practice at least “two minute meditation” method, but it’s far more significant than the duration of meditation is that fact that you give yourself a peaceful time just for yourself, for silence and quiet.
Before Meditation Tips
It’s best to take a shower before meditation and to empty your bowels and bladder before you start up. You can also splash water on the face or clean your face with a wet tissue to feel good.
Time after food:
Allow some time to bypass after meal before meditation. Preferably this should be for several hours. However, with beginning meditation people usually find that life is not so planned yet. We require to be practical about meditation.
Click Here For Free Trial Guided Meditations!
The Me in Meditation:
The question is what do you get from Meditating?
As mentioned earlier, Meditation helps us to calm down and focus. We become more attentive and observant because we are more aware of what is happening at the time. Meditating is a proficient and effective method that helps us to control our mind and calm our bodies. It not only make us more alert about what’s happening around us but we also become attentive of what’s happening within ourselves.
So you can see how Yoga and Meditation is co-related to each other. It is one of the first baby steps which you learn while beginning with yoga.