Fat-Free Spicy Brown Rice and Tomato Soup
Looking to lose extra weight or maybe you would like to eat high vibe foods? It’s tough for vegans to find yummy foods, especially if you also are Fat-Free. This Latino based recipe will surely make your mouth water. The key is on the spices, so adjust according to your tasted buds. This recipe is also following the do’s and don’t of the Starch Solution Book by Dr. McDougal.
Vegan Spicy Brown Rice and Tomato Soup
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Starch Solution Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic (peeled, sliced)
1 stalk celery (chopped)
1 red onion (peeled, chopped)
1-2 red hot chilli peppers (seeds removed, chopped)
1 red bell pepper (seeds removed, chopped)
1 carrot (sliced)
1 can tomatoes (or 4-5 fresh tomatoes, chopped)
1 can black beans or fava beans (drained, rinsed)
½ cup brown rice (rinsed)
4 cups vegetable broth (homemade or store bought)
¼-½ tsp salt
1 lime (cut into wedges)
½ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
Wooden or silicone spatula
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add onion, garlic, celery, chillies (adjust the amount of necessary) and 2-3 tbsp of water. Sauté on high heat for 2-3 minutes or until the onions start turning translucent.
- Add peppers and carrots. If using fresh tomatoes, add them to the pan too. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Transfer fried veggies into a pot, add rice and top everything up with vegetable broth. If you’re using tinned tomatoes, add them into the pot. Bring everything to boil, then turn down the heat to medium and let your soup simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Lastly, add beans and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Try your soup and add salt to taste.
- Enjoy this warming and filling dish with a squeeze of lime juice and some chopped cilantro.
- Eat it by itself or enjoy one cup of brown rice per serving.
I hope you try and let me know in the comment section how it went. Talk to you soon!
Share the love! PIN IT