Ashtanga yoga was structured by learning Patanjali. It means, ‘eight limbed yoga’. In western countries it is known as Power yoga and practiced by a lot of people for physical fitness. Many people from western countries come to India to learn Ashtanga yoga from Indian yoga trainers.
Instructions for Ashtanga yoga
Just make sure that you abide few things before practicing Ashtanga yoga. If you want to gain maximum benefits of Ashtanga yoga, follow these important instructions.
- Avoid consuming alcohol, drugs, tobacco and stay away from immoral behavior.
- Try and practice in an open and comfortable atmosphere.
- To feel more comfortable during the practice, wear loose clothes.
- Try practicing early in the morning
- Try and sleep at least for 9 hours in a day.
- Consult your yoga trainer to make sure that it suits your body or not
- Pay maximum attention for each session of Ashtanga yoga while practicing.
- Be regular in every session.
- Take help of yoga trainer and consult your doctor if you are pregnant, avoid practicing difficult poses during this period.
- Drink a lot of water and have nutritional food.
Physical & Mental Benefits of Astanga yoga:
- It helps to reduce the impact of pressure
- Improves coping skills
- Increases energy and strength
- Reduces joint pain
- Improves immunity and flexibility
- It helps to reduce the symptoms of many chronic diseases
- It helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system
- Improves metabolism, digestion and hormone production
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Improves physical performance in all activities
- Helps you to stay happy and cheerful
- It helps to lose weight
- Enhances sense of clarity and concentration
Practicing yoga is like achievement of freedom. It’s like freeing you from the boundaries created by yourself and by the outside world. So practice Ashtanga yoga and discover a beautiful world within your own self. This yoga will definitely teach you a new way of life. Shape up your own world with a positive approach. Stay beautiful!