Superfood Diet - Eight Superfoods That Should Be Part Of Your Healthy Diet
Superfoods are healthy foods that are said to be “nutrient dense” meaning they are rich in
antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. Following a superfood diet may reduce your
risk of chronic and inflammatory conditions and diseases, and those who do follow a superfood
diet are much healthier and often thinner than those who do not.
Want to improve your health and lose a few pounds? Add these Superfoods to your daily
1. Avocados – A single serving of avocado provides 20 different minerals and vitamins,
including vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K. Avocados are also a rich source of healthy
Omega-3 fatty acids that our bodies need. Avocados also supply a healthy dose of
folate, which is needed for proper tissue repair and growth.
2. Blueberries – Blueberries, and to a lesser extent, raspberries and strawberries are low
in calories and loaded with essential nutrients for your body. The natural fiber found in
berries can promote a healthy digestive system and their antioxidants can keep your skin
and hair healthy. Blueberries in particular contain anthocyanins, which have been shown
to decrease cholesterol levels in the bloodstream, promote healthy blood clotting, and
protect the cells in the body.
3. Chia – Chia seeds are a good natural alternative superfood to increase your intake of
essential fatty acids, especially omega 3 fatty acids. Chia seeds reduce both your
appetite and cravings.
4. Chlorella – Chlorella is a true superfood and contains (ounce per ounce) more protein
than a steak, 22 vitamins and minerals, plus essential fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, and
more nucleic acids than any other food. Chlorella is a form of microalgae known for its
detoxifying & immune boosting benefits and is rich in Chlorophyll.
5. Goji Berries – Goji berries are considered one of the most protein-rich fruits and contain
18 amino acids including all eight essential amino acids. Goji berries have been shown
to increase longevity, build strength, and counter sexual impotency.
6. Kale – Kale is a trendy superfood, but should be added for it’s high fiber content and it’s
ability to lower your cholesterol levels naturally. Kale is the ultimate dark green leafy
vegetable and is loaded with nutrients that may reduce your risk for cancer, including
prostate, ovarian, colon and bladder cancer.
7. Moringa Oleifera – Moringa tree leaves contain more vitamin C than an orange, more
vitamin A than a carrot, more iron than spinach, more calcium than milk, and more
potassium than a banana. Moringa is rich in antioxidants that can prevent the build up of
toxins in your body.
8. Spirulina – Spirulina is a blue-green algae that is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals,
carotenoids, and antioxidants that protect cells. Spirulina is an especially rich source of
carotenoids and B-complex vitamins that promote overall health and fertility. A small
spoonful of this microalgae can replace the nutrients from the vegetables that are lacking
in your current diet.
Your superfood diet should include these and similar low calorie and nutrient dense foods to
boost your health, vitality and immunity.
Often referred as the Tree of Life contains more vitamin C than an orange, more vitamin A than a carrot, more iron than spinach, more calcium than milk, and more potassium than a banana